Re: New version of proteinortho

Hi Paul,

unfortunately this mail hit my inbox in a busy time and became forgotten
for three months now.  Sorry about this.  I now tried to update the package.
The problem is a Python 2 script included into your code.  Python 2 is
End of Live and Debian needs to get rid of all Python 2 code.  I tried my
best by using 2to3 for the port and also did some manual change, but for
this code I'd prefer you having a look:

**Step 2** using blastp+ with : synteny
Running blast analysis: 60% (6/10)Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/proteinortho//proteinortho_ffadj_mcs.py", line 861, in <module>
    g1_mod, g2_mod, g1_runs, g2_runs, dists, repMatching, minCsSize, greedy)
  File "/usr/lib/proteinortho//proteinortho_ffadj_mcs.py", line 745, in repeatMatching
    g1_mod_new = sorted(set(g1_mod_res + g1_mod), cmp=chr_srt)
TypeError: 'cmp' is an invalid keyword argument for sort()
 [Error] Failed to run /usr/lib/proteinortho//proteinortho_ffadj_mcs.py for
test/E.faa vs test/M.faa

Here you can find my patch:

    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/proteinortho/blob/master/debian/patches/2to3.patch

Please fix the remaining things and include the ported script into your
download tarball.

Thank you for your patience and please feel free to ask here if you have
any questions about the Python 3 port

    Andreas.