Re: cnvkit update to 0.9.6 needs Fwd: python-pomegranate_0.11.1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

On 30.08.19 13:41, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 02:36:08PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
Just for the ones of yours considering to procrastinate into updating
one of our blends' "newer version available" packages - cnvkit is done,
it just needs an additional build dependency.

I have asked our ftpmasters to consider fast-tracking the pomegranate
module. We'll see.
Good.
And I should now take this opportunity to thank our ftpmasters who have
just accepted pomegranate. cnvkit I then also updated almost instantly.
Sidenote: I herewith confirm that Andreas' "routine-update" script is
well worth a look. In my experience this also changes how I look at
patches - you avoid them, invest extra time into sending them upstream.
:-)

The downside of course is that one "quickly" helps out with some team
routine updates which then turn out to be less of a routine. Like that
cnvkit one. So, one's time invested into Debian may remain invariant,
but one's yield for the distro may increase.

We should not forget that we still have a new queue problem. pomegranate
has overtaken about 5 packages of mine in new and these have another
5-10 reverse dependencies that I have not yet uploaded to new that all
aim at the RNAseq workflows.

Best,
Steffen