Re: add dnaclust autopkgtests

Hi Saira,

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 11:42:58AM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
> On 8/9/19 10:36 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >
> > I guess after the outreachy project you are fully equiped with all
> > knowledge to build the first package from scratch yourself. ;-)
> >
> That sounds like a nice challenge! To be honest, I wish there was a bit more
> uniform way of writing apps! It seems that there are no standards in this
> sense and I have this problem myself when I start a new app.
>
> Should I have a src file?

You need a source archive.

> Some people have examples folder, some have tests
> folders with examples, etc. Very complicated!

I need to admit there are **way** more complicated things around than
just differently named folders.  In this case the difference makes even
sense:  Some upstreams are providing a test suite and some simply
deliver some examples.

> I know you can't enforce
> everyone but some good practices will be awesome!

Even inside Debian we fail to set a comon standard.  Its quite good
inside the Debian Med team but I have seen lots of different ways to
approach the same thing.

> I've seen a few articles about Python and it seems sometimes there are more
> uniform projects but still I can't seem to be able to decide the best way.
> Sometimes there are even cpp and header files all in a flat structure.

There are way worse things than this around.  Trust me. ;-)

> > Uploaded.  Thanks for your work on it and have fun with the next
> > package of your choice
> >
> Great. Thanks for all your help, patience and support!

You are welcome, Andreas.