Re: [MoM] Re: fast: Add further dependencies to enable chroot / cowbuilder to build

Hello Andreas,

>> Although I do not understand why upstream are manually building these...
>
> If you are into packaging a bit longer you will face way more crazy
> ideas than this.  Believe me, done this for > 20 years and have seen
> a lot of crazy things. ;-)

Thinking about this now, I think upstream did this to not break windows
- linux cross-compability. Yet again, it should be done in a fashion as
to check if not win32 and lib exists on the system and use that instead
of downloading.

I also spent around an hour or two patching and successfully building
the realsense library only to find that this is an optional module not
enabled by default in fast cmake - whoops :(.

The quest to erradicate git as a dependency and migrate libs still
continues :). This is an interestingly lengthy package. Luckily it's
only QT and its seemingly many modules that is the major library that
needs dealing with and then everything else is simpler and quicker.

Best Regards,
Shayan Doust