Re: biobambam2 needs a libmaus2-dev build dep - any idea?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:18:10PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently filling a local repository with what is in the new queue
> - and quite some packages don't build. For one that is because I started
> out with testing and missed recent transitions to unstable. But now on
> unstable there is also things like
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/biobambam2/blob/master/debian/control
>
> with pointer to libmaus2-dev that is not on
> https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio-dev .

Good catch that its not on the bio-dev task which I just added.  But I
do not understand the problem.  Did you checked

   Vcs-Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libmaus2

> Any idea? I admit not to have done much detective work myself to find
> out what that libmaus2-dev might possibly be. Is that possibly a
> weakness of the Debian package format, I mean that we cannot annotate a
> dependency beyond the name and a version? Once we have PPAs this might
> become an issue, I tend to think.

I do not understand the problem.  The package is in new queue[1] and you
can also use the search form of salsa for libmaus?  So what exactly do
you mean by "weakness of the Debian package format" and what do you
think is solved by PPAs?

> The "Debian Med new queue" repository is slowly emerging on
> http://med.functional.domains. I have a little script that just builds
> and puts into the repository whatever git repository I pass as an
> argument. That would also fit into some hook, I tend to think. Tell me
> if you want ssh access to that machine to fill it a bit more.

Thanks for this effort

     Andreas.

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/libmaus2_2.0.611-1.html