Re: Source uploads not processing?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 2:53 PM Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 02:48:35PM +0200, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> > That's the clear sign of a gpg problem
>
> No error message → clear sign of a specific problem; that is hilarious!
>
> What's the most effective way to nominate this bug for the "paper cut"
> campaign?

It's not a "paper cut" bug.
If gpg fails to basically validate something (which doesn't mean
"expired key", it clearly means "failed to validate"), nothing can be
said about the file in question.  So it's *not* safe for the upload
software to i.e. send back an email, as it can't be sure to whom send
that mail to.  The content of the file can't be trusted here.

I would be nice if that error was surfaced during the upload process (client side or server side)

--
Michael R. Crusoe