Re: new autopkgtest for mcl

On 7/10/19 1:23 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Saira,

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:08:25AM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
last time Liubov helped me with showing me that in the package hyphy the
test files could be accessed from hyphy-common. Unfortunately that is not
the case with the package mcl.

What is the best way for me to include the files inside the folder testing/
during the AUTOPKGTEST build/test phase? Should I create another common
package that include those files, or just copy them on the fly?

In the debci infrastructure the files in the source package are
available and thus you are able to move these around.  However, since in
the Debian Med team we are providing the test as script which the user
can access on the local machine we need all files inside binary
packages.  Since we have some package mcl-doc I think it is quite
appropriate to move the test files we are needing to this package
(provided the size of the test files is not exceeding the docs by say an
order of magnitude).

What files are actually needed for the test.  The files in dir testing/?

I've checked

    $ du -sh testing doc
    2,2M    testing
    824K    doc

Looks fine to me.

so files in testing are less the three times the doc and users who might
want to install the doc might be interested in testing some examples
anyway.  So if you confirm that testing/ is what you need for the
autopkgtest we simply move it to the docs as the easiest solution.

At the moment I am going through the testing process but I believe those files inside testing should be enough. Let me confirm with you until tomorrow!

Thanks
SH