Open Post-doc position at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology in the Luscombe unit

Hello everybody,

not entirely related to Debian, although of course we use it regularly
at work...  I moved last year to the Okinawa Institute of Science and
Technology, in the Luscombe unit, and we are recruiting a
bioinformatician...

https://www.oist.jp/careers/postdoctoral-researcher-plankton-genomics

We work on single-individual Nanopore-sequenced de-novo-assembled
whole-genome sequences in a population study.  As you can see from the
URL it is not human genomics.  The plankton we study is an animal with a
very compact genome (70 Mb), which gives opportunities run full-scale
analyses for the fraction of the time and cost needed in human genomics.

Our computations are run through the Slurm workload manager and we can
leverage Debian Med through the use of Singularity and Docker :)

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                                     Akano, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med