Re: edgeR no longer with us - effect on seqcluster unknown

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 05:24:09PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> I only now learned about
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=881317 and the
> subsequent removal of r-cran-edger from our distro. Sigh. In that
> thread, the discussion about using a wrapper for installing non-free
> bits came up. Conda anyone?
>
> At the very moment I cannot tell about how essential edgeR may be for
> seqcluster and the bcbio workflow as a whole - but Debian not offering
> that package at all - it is a bit weird.

I think what is really weird is the license of locfit (see discussion in
#731599) and the fact that it seems impossible to reach locfit upstream.
If you ask me there are chances to talk to CRAN / Bioconductor people
that they are relying on non-free software (which is as far as I know
also against their polica) but nobody has explained that issue clear
enough.  May be its not to hard to create a locfit alternative.