Re: ePCR and data files

Dear Saira,

thanks for your work on this.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:52:44AM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
> writing my further test on ePCR my biggest struggle (and where I asked one
> of my professors for input) is the fact that there is not a lot of procedure
> and documentation about it. Neither sample files.

Seems you started by chance with one of the harder examples.

> My current solution is to generate a fasta file using NCBI:
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore
>
> From a scientific point the data is open. Can you double check for me that I
> can include a generated data file and include it in the package in order to
> test it further?

As far as I understand these data can be considered free.

> My exact search is as following (using Nucleotide):
>
> ((chloroplast OR plastid) AND "complete genome" AND Embryophyta NOT (mi-
> tochondrion OR mitochondrial)) AND "Ginkgo biloba"[porgn:__txid3311]

I do not have any idea whether that is possible but if the way you
created those data is **easily** scriptable I would have a slight
preference to have a script that can be run over some data created via
web form.  However, if this would require extra work on your side just
do what you planed to do and add some README describing what you have
done to create that specific data set.

> Thanks for your help

You are welcome