Re: Packaging q2-feature-table plugin

Dear Liubov,

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 10:39:30AM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> I am stuck with source-is-missing lintians again:
>
> E: q2-feature-table source: source-is-missing
> q2_feature_table/_summarize/tabulate_seqs_assets/js/tsorter.min.js
> E: q2-feature-table source: source-is-missing
> q2_feature_table/_summarize/summarize_assets/vega/js/vega-embed.min.js
> E: q2-feature-table source: source-is-missing
> q2_feature_table/_summarize/summarize_assets/vega/js/vega.min.js
>
> I have just checked that these two sources are not in Debian [1][2]. Should
> they be packaged first (RFP?)? Or there are other ways to proceed?

The gold standard would be to package these separately from source.
However, I consider it fine to create a dir debian/JS and ad
subdirectories with the real sources and the according license file.  I
usually add a script fetching the source via wget (or whatever is
appropriate) and also minimizing that source to the min.js version.  In
some cases this might be very tricky.  There are several examples in
Debian Med but may be this one from the pkg-r team is the most
instructive I have at hand quickly:

    https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-dt

Hope this helps

     Andreas.