Re: Wham aligner package name - just wham? wham-align?

Hello,

On May 30, 2019 5:51:05 AM EDT, Sascha Steinbiss <satta@debian.org> wrote:

>Hi Steffen,
>
>> I have no exact idea why alignment tools are all given such short
>names.
>> We have http://last.cbrc.jp/ as last-align with is. Should I do the
>same
>> for wham and name the package wham-align?
>
>That's what I did for lambda [1] and lambda2 [2] as well. Keeps the
>namespace clean and users can still search for the name and pick the
>correct one.

I think that, especially if the package provides an executable named `wham`, the package should also be called just that. Someone might not bother searching and just directly try `apt install wham`.

>> I am not aware of any particular naming conflict.
>
>Not yet... ;)

If you're taking /usr/bin/wham already, why leave that package name available?

regards
Afif