Re: Joyce Z accepted for Outreachy

Hi Joyce,

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:18:09AM -0700, jyzhou15 wrote:
> Upon further thought, I think I have a lot on my plate (have committed
> to more than I was expecting when I initially applied) and won't be
> able to dedicate time to a good capacity until June 7.

Does "good capacity" mean: I can dedicate some time to the task
but not full time?

> If that's OK with you (and for Outreachy's requirements), then I'll go
> ahead and take the offer.

We need to make sure that some relevant work is done until mid-term
evaluation.  For me it would be OK if you are sure that you will
approach this.  But I'm "only your mentor" not your "employer".  As far
as I know there are frequent reports involved in outreachy - I have no
idea how you can cope with this in your limited dedicated time.

> Otherwise I will probably have to decline,
> but am still certainly interested in helping out with maintenance
> efforts in future. It really is a pleasure contributing to this
> codebase.

Its hard to decide to me with this little amount of information.  I'd
happily mentor you but we somehow need to stick to outreachy rules.