Re: Netflow with nf-core as possible workflow targets

Hello again,

On 02.05.19 16:55, Steffen Möller wrote:
Hello,

The nextflow folks have recently published a preprint on their nf-core
(https://nf-co.re/) effort to host routine workflows in bioinformatics.
Reserachgate kindly pointed me to it:
https://github.com/nf-core/rnaseq/blob/master/environment.yml

I had a random pick on
https://github.com/nf-core/rnaseq/blob/master/environment.yml to learn
about requirements of their rnaseq workflow. Very close we are -the
effort we keep investing into getting bcbio completely functional helped
here. But a few are still missing:

bioconductor-dupradar
https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/dupRadar.html
csvtk https://github.com/shenwei356/csvtk
preseq http://smithlabresearch.org/software/preseq/
rseqc http://rseqc.sourceforge.net/
deeptools https://github.com/deeptools/deepTools

and others like

multiqc
gffread

are already in the making.

I admit not to know about how to best invest our resources here. But if
there are readers of this list who use nextflow already - please speak
and sync up - with us and them.

Alex of the nf-core folks had kindly pointed me to
https://github.com/nf-core/test-datasets . Every workflow of theirs uses
a branch of that repository for their CI testing. This is rather neat.

Best,

Steffen