Would like bcbio not to appear in next release - how?

Hello,

The reason I think we do ourselves and the bcbio community a disservice
with the already outdated release of bcbio is that

 * the tests yet do not work, even when initiated manually when
internet access is not a problem - bcbio expects to be shipping with its
own set of tools and paths and naming are still somewhat confused

 * there are too many flavours of analyses that we are not covering,
yet - and after a first few looks at those source codes - it will take
another while until we have what Michael collected in
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bcbio/blob/master/debian/TODO

What is the right way forward? A release-critical bug against it? We
want the package in testing so we can eventually have fresh backports.

Best,

Steffen