Re: multiqc | Add more registries (074d642d)

Hi Steffen,

Le lun. 25 mars 2019 à 23:23, Steffen Möller <gitlab@salsa.debian.org> a écrit :
> Ooops! Well done!

It was quite easy, I tried to merge my packaging attempt into yours :-).

Le sam. 23 mars 2019 à 12:22, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> a écrit :
> That escaped me. Many thanks. And, amazingly, we apparently had even
> more hands at the package than we thought.

We are like a team ;-)

> I did not find the current license. No idea of highcharts.js is
> redistributable. Maybe we can change the code to include it online from
> https://code.highcharts.com/highcharts.js and have everything in
> contrib? I don't exactly know how multiqc works, but if it works without
> needing highcharts for generating the reports, and only the addressee of
> the generated pages needs to be online to experience the report, then it
> is contrib, not non-free, right?

Yep, the license of highcharts.js is quite hidden. There is a
reference in the "Non-commercial" paragraph of this webpage:
  https://shop.highsoft.com/highcharts

The MultiQC's code is too closely related to highcharts.js' code, we
have to use the same version ( the current version in MultiQC is 5
whereas the latest version is 7).
So, we should target a specific version (at least the major version) like this:
  https://code.highcharts.com/stock/5.0/highstock.js

Maybe we can provide a script for users to download and install the
correct version of highstock.js for MultiQC.
Similar mechanism was used for libdvdcss2 (and Flash Player) some times ago.

The highstock.js is embedded in the generated html report and it's
very useful because we can easily share the report to other people
without any Internet access.

Best,
Dylan