Re: Do we need python-seqcluster (Python2) or is python3-seqcluster sufficient

Hello again,

Just a quick update.

On 23.01.19 12:42, Steffen Möller wrote:

On 22.01.19 22:39, Andreas Tille wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 08:18:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Steffen,

I was a bit scared that we have a non-installable package inside Debian
yip.
and thought it would be a good idea to have python-seqcluster quickly.
yes

bcbio was just accepted in version -3  that has python3-seqcluster only as a recommendation.
python3-bcbio happily installs without it.

I realised that some of the (Build-)Depends are only available for
Python3.  Do we really need python-seqcluster for Python2 or can we
just drop that package (and the Python2 Build-Depends)?
I am not ultimately sure about how we should proceed with this. That
package is rather big, with the data directory accomodating for >100MB.
My immediate plan would be an initial upload
to experimental and a reupload of bcbio that has its dependency to
seqcluster demoted to a "recommends". I also want to add documentation
for them both.

My latest push added a python-seqcluster-doc package. For the sake of simplicity (testing does not find binaries) and the name "seqcluster" being a bit generic, I decided against having a separate package for its binary, so it is "all in one", now. Upstream is being positive about a new release maturing very soon. I think I want to wait for that.

Best,

Steffen