Re: Where can I find igdiscover (Was: Updated bio for sqt python lib and igdiscover)

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 03:51:17PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:

> On 22.01.19 09:11, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > >   Recommends: idba
> > > +Recommends: igdiscover
> > > +
> > I seeked the package pool and salsa but can not find this package.
> > Did you forgot to push some packaging?
> Yes. Now I know why the "new project" window was open. You now find it on
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/igdiscover
>
> Thank you for spotting that.

You are welcome. :-)

> The package would not be prepared to receive some peer review. I'll
> otherwise
> leave it for a few days and then look at it again.

Common deviations from policy you are usually doing are:

  1. Not setting Maintainer to Debian Med team?
  2. Not using UNRELEASED for unreleased packages
  3. Not using `cme fix dpkg-control` on your package

Please, pretty please do this - it makes team work way more simple and I
can only repeat (how often did I before) that the package template[1]
will prevent you from doing those deviation.  It also does not create
watch files that are more complex than necessary (and spoil my
routine-upgrade script which smoothens most of the issues above
automatically).

> > BTW, I realised that you started to spread packages over different teams
> > (airr and presto to Python team, vdjtools to Java team).  We know that
> > in many cases there are two options in what team to maintain some
> > software.  It can be based on the topic (than it is Debian Med, Debian
> > Science, etc.) or on the programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
> Hm. Yes. Vdjtools in particular belongs more to Debian Med since it is meant
> for end users.
> > I'd recommend if you find some relevant publication or some typical
> > registry entries its a good idea to stick to the Debian Med team.
>
> Let us put something like that in the Debian Policy.

Can **you** please put this into the Debian Med team policy.  This would
be really welcome and I invite everybody to simply not suggest something
which is good but rather *do* implement the good ideas.

Thank you

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/package_template