Re: Unicycler: trying to run tests during the build process

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 at 13:21 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 06:01:43PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:

> Should I try to implement the same tests as autopkgtest suite? If so, I
> will have to put all required scripts and test data into the same or a
> separate .deb archive.

I think this makes perfectly sense.  So yes, please do so.

I decided not to use the same tests that we run during the package build in autopkgtest suite since these tests do not check executables and their implementation requires additional useless code to be installed somewhere.

Instead of this, it is possible to put into the run-unit-test script the same commands that are recommended in "Quick Usage" paragraph of README.md [1]. For this, I moved sample_data provided by upstream into a separate package unicycler-data [2].

[1] https://github.com/rrwick/Unicycler#quick-usage
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/unicycler/commit/a3b90a3a5c00e9b83a48c7746b4aa598202c8642

While trying to run an autopkgtest with the commands in "Quick Usage" I got the following error:

Error: Pilon was found (/usr/bin/pilon) but does not work - either fix it, specify a different location using --pilon_path or use --no_pilon to remove Pilon dependency

So something might be wrong with pilon package. I tried to rerun the tests with --no_pilon option and got one more error:

Assembling reads with miniasm... empty result
Error: miniasm assembly failed

I think about the second one it would be better to ask upstream.

All in all, I cannot push an autopkgtest suite at the moment, I need more time to fix it. So I think the package could be uploaded to unstable meanwhile.

With regards,
Liubov