Re: .py endings or no .py endings for scientific packages

Hi Charles,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 05:04:38PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I would not argue that the reasons listed in the wiki are not good, but
> usually we are arriving too late

Unfortunately / most probably.  That's why I recommended to inform
upstream anyway for future projects. ;-)

> Altogether, the upstream guide is good, dropping a note in the upstream
> mailbox of issue tracker is fine,

That was my point.

> but for the sake of ourselves and our
> users, I think that there is no need to change the command names when it
> is too late.
>
> So, do we agree that opotional Lintian overrides are a good compromise ?

I agree that a lintian override is a sensible way of documenting the
issue and way better than just ignore the lintian warning.