Re: RRID update on salsa on packages starting with A+B

On 03/04/18 11:27, Steffen Möller wrote:
> [...]
> This is a bit of a side-track from the core of this thread. Maybe we
> would have Tony describing our achievements one they are manifesting in
> Bio-Linux. And if we have a look at
> https://salsa.debian.org/dashboard/milestones ? Maybe we can use those
> as an anchor for achievements from which news could be generated in an
> easier way, not necessarily by us.

Hi, Steffen.

Yes, I would be happy to do that.

I'm now only doing minimal maintenance work on Bio-Linux 8, based on
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty) while I start work on Bio-Linux 9, based on
Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS (Bionic). I've got the 18.04 Ubuntu-MATE beta .iso
and I've started work remastering it for Bio-Linux using "customizer":

> https://github.com/kamilion/customizer

I plan to base Bio-Linux 9 on Debian-Med + Bioconda and would like to
start adding Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) versions of Debian-Med packages to
the Debian-Med PPA if nobody objects. I also want to drop ALL the 'bad'
NEBC packages (i.e. the binary-only packages that Bela and Tim used
initially to migrate from Debian testing (Sarge) to Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

I've listened to Andreas: I intend to create a "bio-linux-desktop"
meta-package modelled on the Debian-Med/Bio* tasks that are now being
updated to include some 'missing' packages that were only in Bio-Linux.

Thanks again to all in the Debian-Med team for your help and support,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk