Re: free license for ffp-phylogeny Fwd: Debian project request

Hi again,

it seems I did not made my point clear enough.  To be able to distribute
ffp in Debian (which we really would like to) it is necessary that the
statement "prohibits commercial usage" is removed and replaced by some
text (as it is usual in licenses like GPL or BSD) which does not
discriminate any form of usage.  As long as the license statement inside
the source code distribution contains restrictions for any form of usage
it is not considered "free" according the Free Software Guidlines.  I
have understood that you are willing to change the license statement.
Please correct me if I misunderstood something.

Kind regards and thank you for your patience

      Andreas.