Re: cyvcf2 issue with htslib

Hi Liubov,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 06:00:59PM +0100, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> > Could someone please have a look?
>
> I have started to investigate this: the fail is related to recent upstream
> changes [1] and [2]. I have no time to look deeper into this right now,
> maybe at the end of the week,

That's perfect.

> if nobody resolve it earlier.

I admit I'm afraid the "competition" to solve this kind of issues is
not that hard. ;-)

> > PS: I've just closed #904836.  I'd like to repeat my plea that people
> >     join our Advent calendar bug squashing.  This was the easiest bug so
> >     far since it was closed with a previous upload but forgotten in
> >     d/changelog.
>
> oh, I had not noticed this bug then.

No problem - nobody else has noticed until now as well.  I was just
using this as proof that extremely easy bugs exist in our long list of
bugs and was hoping that this might be motivating for other readers of
this list that it is really worth spending some time.  I need to admit
that I'm not very happy about this years bug fixing advent calendar.  It
would help a lot if everybody who considers beeing an active team member
to fix one bug per week.  But maybe that's just wishful thinking. :-(

> > It would really help if others could check for those
> >     easy ones in our list of bugs.  Thank you.
>
> Sorry, but I am participating in another squashing, trying to finish all
> the assignments I had to do for my university :-P

I do not expect that single readers send personal excuses why not taking
part in the bug squashing.  It would be even better if those bugs would
be fixed by Uploaders once filed.