Any clue how to run Qiime2 test suite?

Hi,

I decided to upgrade the packaging Git for qiime[1] to qiime2 since we
can not distribute qiime 1 any more.  The current status is very rough
but I'm stumbling upon a strange error in the build time test:

ERROR: test_reload_fails (qiime2.tests.test_artifact_api.TestImports)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/build/qiime-2018.8.0/qiime2/tests/test_artifact_api.py", line 23, in setUp
    get_dummy_plugin()
  File "/build/qiime-2018.8.0/qiime2/core/testing/util.py", line 20, in get_dummy_plugin
    "When running QIIME 2 unit tests, the QIIMETEST environment "
RuntimeError: When running QIIME 2 unit tests, the QIIMETEST environment variable must be defined so that plugins required by unit tests are loaded. The value of the QIIMETEST environment variable can be anything. Example command: QIIMETEST=1 nosetests

Ran 623 tests in 1.982s

FAILED (errors=238)

Before I ask upstream I'd love if somebody would have another look.
May be I'm just missing something.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/qiime