mrtrix3 is "coming". Howto tests?

Hello Team,

We have mrtrix 0.2.x series in Debian which is still used by some.
Upstream worked hard and soon (hopefully) will push out 3.0 release as
mrtrix3.  I've migrated and tuned up packaging for it (for
3.0~rc3+git86-g4b523b413) which is now at
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mrtrix3

The interesting aspect is that upstream repo provides git submodule
testing/data .  It is not that large - just 15 MB compressed but it
doesn't change frequently.  There is two ways to handle it:

- "Lazy" me would love just to wrap it in the mrtrix3 source
  package (not yet sure what will be "upstream source releases", I
  am packaging straight from git).  It would be super easy thanks to gbp
  ability to include submodules (I do it for dcm2niix neurodebian pkg)

- Debian soul in  me says "spend more time and generate one more
  source/binary package which would be useless of the mrtrix3 context.

What do you think?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org