Re: FW: biolinux

On 20/08/18 08:59, Stefan WECKX wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>

> Any update on the expected release date?

Hi, Stefan.

Sorry, I'm away on holiday in the French Pyranees just now, with only
intermittent access to my email. I'll be working in Milan afterwards
until 2 Oct before I look at the Bio-Linux 9 project seriously again.

I attended a Debian-Med Sprint in Barcelona in Feb where I gave a short
presentation about my proposal to base Bio-Linux 9 on Ubuntu-MATE 18.04
LTS + Debian-Med with help from the Debian-Med team:

> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2018/DebianMed2018

Will McAffery has been working hard to create a "bio-linux-desktop'
meta-package over the summer with help from the Debian-Med team and
we've remastered the Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS iso adding packages from
Debian-Med's 'med-bio' task using "customizer":

> https://github.com/kamilion/customizer

At present, we've not yet been able to create a 'live' USB-stick with
persistence, but we've tested using the 'live' stick without persistence
and used it to install to single and "md" RAID hard disks successfully.

I can't give you a precise date for the release, but meanwhile it would
be very useful if you and anyone else interested could let us know which
packages from Bio-Linux 8 are the most useful/important to you?

The Debian-Med team have offered to help package any software that is
included in Bio-Linux 8, but not available in Debian "Sid", which is
what Ubuntu is based on.

I've CC'ed my reply to the Bio-Linux and Debian-Med mailing lists to
keep everyone up-to-date with the current state of Bio-Linux 9.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk