Re: phoenix clinical trial management system integration

Hi Rene,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2018 at 03:26:59PM +0200, Rene Krenn wrote:
> Hi, thx4re, here just a short update, still on the road to moving everything to debian default packages...

Thanks for your continuous work on this.  It is really appreciated.

> >.  It has currently tomcat 8.5.30 and OpenJDK 9.0.4.
> Transition to debian's default tomcat8 is done.
> https://github.com/phoenixctms/install-debian/commit/84e47398ec971aa5ae2aaa283819b329652dff84
> https://github.com/phoenixctms/install-debian/commit/a93f0fe984ce74d45c4fb86f0efaa3f98bd0cd70
> For now it is ensured tomcat runs with the "ctsms" user instead of "tomcat8" user, the reason is to avoid any potential issues with permissions of tempfiles created by hibernate's query region caching, which were observed once iirc. So both the tomcat webapp and the "dbtool" cli program should therefore run with "ctsms" user.
>
> Also debian's default "maven" is used now and works. Still can't believe that.

Cool.  That's specifically helpful since I personally would not be of
any help regarding maven.

> > Another optional one would be the public subject signup portal, which is a perl dancer webapp.
> >   libdancer2-perl - lightweight yet powerful web application framework is packaged so you can base upon this.
> libdancer-perl is used atm, can consider migrating to dancer2.
> However, the recruitement portal is not yet covered by install.sh. Also the code is not yet in any public github repo, as the branding/appearance parts (see http://probanden.medunigraz.at for instance) are not yet configurable. Better to delay the latter, as it will be more efford.

Fine for me.

Please keep us updated about progress or any show stopers we might help
to solve.