Re: Autopkgtest for SOAPdenovo

Dear Andreas,

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 at 22:41 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 09:06:42PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> > Sorry, Andreas, but I was wrong! I forgot to test other two binaries. Give
> > me, please, a little more time to finish!
>
> I am stuck with one of the binaries: *soapdenovo-127mer*. Even on a small
> data set it requires more than 3GB of memory to run. Is it acceptable for
> an autopkgtest to allocate such amount of memory?

I do not know this program but may be its sensible to simply ignore this
executable in the tests.

I see no other solution, too. When I used this program for genome assembly I expected it to require lots of memory since it is normal to have millions of reads to assemble from. But here, using as small data sets as possible, I am surprised to find that I cannot modify program's desire to preallocate memory.

I have modified run-unit-test so that it runs for *-31mer* and *-63mer* binaries now. I have also fixed some lintian warnings and pointed debhelper version to 11. Please, check my commits!

With regards,
Liubov