Re: [Bio-linux-list] FW: biolinux

On 27/05/18 12:01, Andor J Kiss wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Wow, this is great news.  Do you need any help testing?  Let me know if
> we can be of any help.
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> Andor J Kiss, PhD
> Director - Center for Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics
> 086 Pearson Hall - Miami University
> 700 East High Street, Oxford
> Ohio 45056
> USA
>
> eMAIL: KissAJ@MiamiOH.edu <mailto:KissAJ@MiamiOH.edu>
> Telephone: +1 (513) 529-4280
> Fax: +1 (513) 529-2431
> Ring ID: andorjkiss <https://ring.cx/>
>
> URL (CBFG): http://miamioh.edu/cas/academics/centers/cbfg/ ;
> URL (CBFG
> Services): https://www.scienceexchange.com/labs/center-for-bioinformatics-functional-genomics
> URL (Research): http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Andor_J_Kiss ;
>
> On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 12:29 +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
>> [...]
>> Yes, we are planning a release of Bio-Linux 9 but it will be based on
>> Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS not 16.04.
>>
>> The new version of Bio-Linux will include many packages from the
>> Debian-Med team and will also have "Bioconda" pre-installed.

Hi, Andor.

Thanks for your kind offer - Yes, you can help by trying out Debian-Med
packages under Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS. The Debian-Med team have been busy
moving their work to a new build-server and there is an Ubuntu PPA:

> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/amd64/med-bio

Please CC any comments and bug reports to the Debian-Med mailing list.

Thanks,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk