Re: htslib: version 1.8 drops symbol cram_nop_decode_reset without bumping soversion

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 11:53:36PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> you was involved in the discussion of the Github issue[2].

Right, I chimed in after I read your previous email here.

> I think we both agree that the discussion of upstream is technically not
> the best.

Feels to me they just don't perceive the need for proper symbol
management, which is not particularly surprising.

> Do you think it is OK to stick to the current soversion anyway?

If what they say is true, yes.
Please mention that reason in the commit you'll do to drop the line from
the .symbols file.

Also, I see you added " cram_drain_rqueue@Base 1.8-1": you should simply
use the upstream version, without the debian revision there.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :