Re: OMICS ID

Hi Dylan,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 10:14:14AM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> > -   Entry: OMIC_04161
> > +   Entry: OMICS_04161
>
> I did it when I tried to sort out which packages should be reported in
> the OMICtools newsletter.
> I think, all OMICtools IDs in our database are correct now. No new
> incorrect OMICtools ID should appear, they were used at the beginning
> when the OMICtools website incorrectly reported them.

Thanks again for your work on this.

> > I wonder whether we should check our IDs (may be not only the OMIC
> > ones?) with some regexpes.  For a first shot I could issue an error
> > in the UDD importer logs (but I'm not frequently observing these).
>
> Yes, of course, we should check other IDs (I am thinking, at least,
> about the "RRID -> SciCrunch" currently manually corrected by Steffen)
> I don't know how to use the UDD importer logs but I will be happy to learn.

They are not really usable.  I'm running an UDD clone, test / run my
importer script locally and read the logs.  The logs of the official UDD
are not published and only readable for users on udd.debian.org.  So if
you really want to "learn how to use" a local clone is the only chance I
see.  I do not know if this is an acceptable effort for you.  For sure
I could publish the log at request from time to time somewhere.

> > We could also consider lintian.
>
> The lintian checks (including #731340) are somewhere on my todo list
> but I need to find time :-)

Cool.  Both is very valuable.

> > Another option would be to write some own Debian Med checker and add it
> > may be to our helper-scripts[1].  This checker should definitely call
> > yamllint (may be ignoring some issues we do not care about - for me to
> > long lines are a non-issue and also the missing "---" is perfectly
> > tolerated by all our tools).  We could add some useful regexp checks and
> > everybody who commits metadata files that are failing this checker will
> > offer a beer to the one who wrote the checker at the next sprint. ;-)
>
> I will think about this kind of checker but definitely you know how to
> motivate me :-)

Its nice to have people around who are easy to motivate. ;-)