Re: Qlustar 10 available - Now 100% Open Source

Hi Tony,

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 04:57:41PM +0200, Tony Travis wrote:
> Q-Leap previously offered to support Debian-Med and they attended at
> least one Debian-Med Sprint. However, their product licensing policy was
> restrictive and I decided not to use it. However, that has now changed:
>
> > https://qlustar.com/news/qlustar-10-available-now-100-open-source

The Download page[1] says:

  Before downloading any parts of Qlustar, please read the Qlustar License
  Agreement. If you are representing a company planning to sell clusters
  or services based on Qlustar, please particularly note the paragraph
  titled COMMERCIAL RESTRICTIONS and get in touch with us.

This sounds only fit for debian/non-free.  It is no argument to not work
on the packaging, thought.  However, doing the packaging without any
knowledge and systems to test is a bit hard.  I'd like to see some kind
of packaging model, where we teach upstream the packaging and they do
the actual work.  This has worked for other complex software where we
have no internal competence in Debian Med (for instance fis-gtm).

Tony, if you have some contact could you make such a proposal?

Kind regards and thanks for the info

    Andreas.

[1] https://qlustar.com/download