Re: uploading libzstd...

On 21 April 2018 at 10:29, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 11:13:42AM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>> Alexandre Mestiashvili, Dimitri John Ledkov, Andreas Tille: please
>> remove them from your local checkout.  I also would like to ask you to
>> please refrain to push tags for things you are not 100% sure are going
>> to be accepted (in case you push the tag before receiving the accepted
>> email, as it seems to be the case here).
>
> Dimitri: incidentally, while also pushing you happily uploaded
> 1.3.3+dfsg-2ubuntu1 to ubuntu (so an ubuntu diff on top of
> 1.3.3+dfsg-2), a debian version that never existed in practice.  And as
> a matter of fact I'm uploading it now, and will have a totally different
> content than the one you claimed to have based your ubuntu upload on.
> Please also refrain from doing this.

Currently, Ubuntu is frozen for a release, once it is open for uploads
again I will reconcile packaging in ubuntu following normal ubuntu
procedures, with corrected attributions and origin of changes, as
matching the most up to date package history. You need not worry about
changes to the Debian packaging history, from the point of Ubuntu
package history, as divergent packaging versions do happen in uUuntu
wrt. merging from unstable/experimental from time to time, thus e.g.
none of the Ubuntu tools would be confused by your new upload.

Not sure why you'd upload 1.3.3+dfsg-2 today, instead of e.g.
uploading 1.3.4+dfsg-1 instead. But I guess that's your prerogative.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.