Helping tracker.d.o to show research identifiers of software?!?

Hello,

on https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata we describe how Research Resource Identifiers (RRIDs) can be used to further annotate a package and help to link a package of Debian with e.g. a scientific paper using that software. Also, workflow engines have adopted them as identifiers to auto-prepare their execution environments.

Thanks to <tille> this data is available in the UDD and I would very much like to help search engines out there to find that information. Some external catalogs like OMICtools (https://omictools.com/cufflinks-tool) already manually set these links as part of their own routine annotation.

A few entries a bit more difficult than others when catalog entries (and Debian packages) differ in their granularity in their look on the software world. There are a few software packages (likely with one shared publication) that has multiple binaries that perform different bits in a workflow - and have different RRIDs assigned. And it is unclear if there are separate Debian packages for them or just one. The schema may hence evolve a bit, still, but it seems very reasonable to start integrating it all already for the 95% that just work.

Would the tracker team like to see these references listed? Would our community at large embrace them? What would you need?

Many thanks

Steffen