Re: Intend to take over libjbzip2-java and libnanoxml2-java into Debian Med team

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 06:37:05PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> These are quite generic non-med related libraries, I'd prefer keeping them under the Java Team umbrella.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Hi,

Multiple teams wanting to maintain a library is a good problem to have.
I propose we consider:

(a) pulling these libraries into the "Debian" project on Salsa, which
replaces collab-maint and grants commit permissions to all DDs and any
designated guest account

OR

(b) relaxing the default pkg-java permissions to be like those of the
Debian Perl Team and allow all DDs by default

OR

(c) configuring any other mechanism that would allow the union of these
two teams (and others!) to contribute to the packaging.

As for which team is listed in the Maintainer field, I don't think it
matters much as long as we have a suitable set of interested Uploaders.

Cheers,
tony