Re: A newcomer's question - how to submit changes?

Hi Andreas,

I've registered on Salsa and asked for a membership (Access Request). Are any other actions required from me to get the membership?

Thanks,
Liubov

вс, 11 мар. 2018 г. в 15:14, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
Hi Liubov,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 01:15:29PM +0000, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:

> I wish to participate in the Outreachy
> <https://www.outreachy.org/2018-may-august/communities/debian/> program and
> I have chosen #890786
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=890786> to start making
> contributions to the Debian Med project. I've fixed the bug locally and
> tested the changes following (hopefully) New Maintainer's Guide
> <https://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/>, and *autopkgtest* manpages.

Sounds good!

> At this point, I would like to export these changes to the Debian Med
> repository to finally fix the bug. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to go
> about it. Should I request membership to the Debian Med group on Alioth
> page as Debian Med Group Policy
> <https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#membership> says?

Oh dear, or policy needs *urgently* a refresh since we have moved from
Alioth to Salsa last month.  I've started with refreshing the text so
this specific chapter is not totally outdated any more.  Please ask for
membership on Salsa (as the text says now).  Sorry for the confusion but
we are in the middle of the move of our main development platform
currently.

> Or
> a newcomer should follow a different procedure (e.g., post a patch on a bug
> tracker or find a sponsor)?

While a patch for the bug would be also a solution I'd prefer if you
register on Salsa since if you are interested in running as outreachy
internal this will be the development platform to use.  And yes, a
sponsor will be needed in any case and you find one here on this mailing
list easily.

> Thank you,

Thanks to you