Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Hi all!

I've already been working on this bug for some time. Maybe it's ok if we both will work on it, but I decided just to notify if it's not ok.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hello Büşra,

thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:45:54AM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I am Busra from Turkey. I am studying Computer Engineering at Çanakkale 18
> Mart University. I saw the Debian-Med idea at Outreachy organization's list
> and my friend Canberk told me about his experience on GSOC last year.

Seems Canberk is spreading the Debian Med idea in Turkey. :-)

> I want to participate Outreachy so i am looking at bug 84326
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848326> . What should i
> do more for chosen.

Do you have some basic idea how to get the packaging VCS and the package
build process?  Is there any chance that Canberk gives you some quick
face to face introduction?  In any case I'd recommend to read the Debian
Med policy document[1] as a basic introduction into these questions.
Just feel free to ask here if anything might remain unclear.

> Thanks for help. Regards.

You are welcome

       Andreas.

[1] https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html