Re: [MoM] deepnano getting info from maintainer

Hi Andreas,

I made some changes and will push them soon. Add manpages for scripts,
changes in testsuite etc. But when writing manpages, I realize that
deepnano uses some files under nets_data/ in default arguments.

in source code:

parser.add_argument('--template_net', type=str, default="nets_data/map6temp.npz")
parser.add_argument('--complement_net', type=str, default="nets_data/map6comp.npz")
parser.add_argument('--big_net', type=str, default="nets_data/map6-2d-big.npz")

these .npz files is python numpy saves. And I think, they use different reads
according to this issue[1]. What can we do for this defaults? (Quilt patch?)
Are there anything else I can do for this program until we get a response from
developer?

Regards

[1] https://bitbucket.org/vboza/deepnano/issues/4/deepnano-with-metrichor-bad-input-argument

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 04:36:36PM +0300, Çağrı ULAŞ wrote:
> What exactly did you plan in connection with the poretools package?

I do not plan anything with poretools.

> In deepnano at debian/deepnano-data-files/test_data/ , there are 3 gz files.
> These files are copied from poretools source. Thanks to Afif, poretools-data
> package is currently present in sid. So we can remove these files from
> deepnano-data and use poretools-data, deepnano-data for testing.

So do you want to do this in Git?

> deepnano-data will only contain nets_data/ .

Sounds good.

> > I have fixed the deepnano debian/control file a bit (see my last
> > commits) and think a manpage could be written using help2man.
>
> ​Ok.
>

> > How do we want to proceed to finalise the MoM project?
>
> ​I think, package is usable but still no version tag on it. I'm going to
> create an issue
> on bitbucket. Maybe get a response from there.

Good.

Please adapt the test of deepnano to avoid duplicated data files and
write a manpage using help2man.  As a hint:  I've written a script[1]
which you can put into the debian/ dir replace "<PROGNAME>" (if there
are more binaries you need to copy the according paragraph).  Than
install the preliminary package on your local machine and run

    debian/createmanpages

May be you need to adapt --help-option to fit what the program expects.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/helper-scripts/createmanpages?view=markup

Çağrı ULAŞ
about.me/cagriulas