Re: removing tophat from Debian

On December 16, 2017 1:31:01 AM PST, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>Hi Afif,
>
>On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 03:18:05AM -0500, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>>
>> Are there any objections?
>
>Since I'm not a user of all this software I do not have any objections.
>However, I wonder whether we should provide kind of a sensible
>"migration path" and add "Replaces: tophat" to hisat2 or something like
>this.

Ack. Although I don't believe Replaces: is correct here (looking at Debian policy). Maybe a transitional package is needed, which would have to sit through another stable release cycle. That would also satisfy the concerns about notification time that the others brought up on this thread.

regards
Afif