We *really* need to fix more bugs! (Was: Bug squashing in December (Was: December))

Hi again,

I admit I didn't noticed the expected bump in a higher bug fixing
activity.  But we *really* need this.  I've personally set a one bug per
day policy for myself and on close to all days I squashed more than
this.  The point is not that I want to demonstrate how busy I am but how
*easy* it partly is to squash a bug.  I just fixed one in 2 minutes
(#884269 - well that was a really simple one caused by myself and it
would have been better if I would not point on this shame ;-) ) but I
think at least half of the bugs I squashed took about 15min.  Yes, its
perfectly fine if you, yes *you* who are reading this mail, pick a low
hanging fruit.  But the feeling after having squashed a bug is really
nice - trust me, I've been there. ;-)

Despite a fact that I managed to squash 3 yesterday we received 4 new
ones - so I really can not manage this alone.

Its not really that we have many bugs in total compared to the amount of
packages we are maintaining.  However, we do not have a large group of
users and we should care for every single one.  If a user feels ignored
after having reported an issue that's a good reason for a user to
question the decision to use Debian and to become active (by reporting
a bug).  That has to be avoided.

So please, pretty please, everyone set at least a one bug per month
policy for your own - better a one bug per week.  That would be 15min
per week if you takle a simple one.  Compared to the time you safe since
Debian Med exists that's not so much IMHO.

Thanks a lot for joining our bug squashing party

    Andreas.