Re: bart version 0.4.02

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 02:09:19PM +0000, Uecker, Martin wrote:
> > thank you for uploading. Some of the (new) unit tests fail
> > on some architectures. As these are tests which do not
> > indicate problems for functionality currently exposed to
> > the user and because the cause seems to be some minor
> > differences in floating point processing, I simply turned
> > them off for now.
>
> "For now" means you plan to fix this in future releases?

Yes, but I need to figure out how to debug this using qemu
first and I don't think it is worth delaying the release.

> While I have no idea about the importance of the tests at least the
> description of the change seems missleading.  It reads as if a subset
> of the tests would have been switched off for some architectures but
> the change looks like all tests are disabled for those
> architectures.

This is what I planned to do, but then decided it is not worth
the trouble. I have changed the misleading changelog.

> If this is the only sensible solution for the moment I can upload
> this change but it would be nice to have full featured testing back
> in the future.

I would appreciate it. I will fix this properly later.

> BTW, if you are running some build time tests would you consider more
> sophisticated autopkgtest than just running `bart --version`?

Absolutely! We have a fairly big test suite which I plan to use
for autopkgtest as well, but because I don't have any experience
with it I thought it might be prudent to start small.

Best,
Martin