DiscoSnp superseded by DiscoSnp++

Hi,

while migrating packages from SVN to Git I stumbled upon discosnp.
According to its homepage[1] it is superseded by DiscoSnp++.  The later
seems to require gatb-core where packaging has started[2].  This means
that now two package upgrades would profit from getting gatb-core done.

Assuming that we will manage to finalise gatb-core in the near future
(Olivier, you might like to talk to upstream regarding droping third
party code from the upstream source which would simplify the work for
Nadiya) what would be a sensible course of action:  Continuing the
packaging from discosnp and rename it to discosnp++ or would anybody
prefer to package discosnp++ from scratch by keeping the old code of
discosnp as reference for comparison?

[1] http://colibread.inria.fr/software/discosnp/
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2017/10/msg00025.html