Re: Outreachy internship initial submission queries

Dear Shamika,

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 04:37:55PM +0530, Shamika Mohanan wrote:
> Here's the link to the patch file-
> https://github.com/shamikam/standard-RAxML/blob/add_tests/add_tests.patch

I've cloned this repository, extracted your patches and applied them
to the Debian Med packaging repository.

> If I should share the patch file in some other way, do let me know.

I had only a quick look since I was busy with real life today (and will
be tomorrow as well) but it looks fine to me.

> I liked working on this task. Please do offer some feedback so that I can
> improve my skills.

In any case you should create an Alioth account to be able to commit
directly to our repositories.  I would upload the changed package but
I'm sitting behind a weak internet connection and there is also a new
upstream version I would inject first.  May be somebody from the team
could upload this and sponsor Shamika's work that way.