Re: Packaging BLAT for Debian

  https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2014-March/025525.html

> Debian has other non-OSS software packages that it distributes as part
> of non-free. Why not BLAT?

Strictly speaking non-free is not a part of Debian and there are lots of
drawbacks for packages in non-free which might not be visible for a lot
of people.  Its not only that its not autobuilt on all architectures it
also does not get sufficient qualilty assurance support like automatic
testing in Contiuous Integration.  For me this make it not a good target
for scientific software.