Re: Please provide source code for Tandem Repeats Finder under a freely redistributable license

Hi Andreas,

So far, no change from the last time we spoke.

However I can say that the long term goal is to release TRF under an open source license, and we have been looking to do this for a while. We have some things we'd like to get done with the code first and then we will pick an open source license and release the code. However, we don't have a set timeline on this at the moment.

If I am still in this lab at that time I will be sure to update you all on the status. For future questions about TRF being released please contact our lab's PI Dr. Gary Benson at gbenson@bu.edu. I can be contacted about development questions, bugs, etc, but I may take some time to respond and address most issues.

Thanks & best,
Yozen

Yözen Hernández
Graduate Program in Bioinformatics, PhD Candidate
Laboratory for Biocomputing and Informatics
Boston University
(347) 829-6936 - [ (347) 82YOZEN ]