Re: FOSDEM devroom

Hi Sébastien,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 02:06:19PM +0200, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The next edition of FOSDEM will take place in Brussels, on February 3rd
> and 4th, 2018 [1].
>
> The call for participation is not available yet, but wouldn't it be a
> good idea to propose to organize a devroom dedicated to free software in
> medicine and healthcare?
>
> This devroom could be entitled "FOSS for Healthcare", and could be a
> sequence of talks presenting various FOSS projects, pretty like the
> "FOSS for Scientists devroom" of the 2013 edition [2].
>
> In order to avoid doing any unnecessary work, it would be nice to know
> upfront whether some DebianMed contributors would be interested to give
> a talk in such a devroom. Please could you express your interest?

Thanks for the FOSDEM wakeup call.  I admit I did not joined FOSDEM for
years since it either conflicted by date with the Debian Med sprint or
I did not wanted to travel on subsequent weekends.  While I like your
idea my constraint would remain valid except if we would organise our
yearly Debian Med sprint either in Brussels or somewhere closeby (two
days before or after FOSDEM and use the Healthcare dedicated room also
for common hacking to continue our sprint).

Who is considering this a good idea and who of those who think it is a
good idea would take over organising the sprint?  Sébastien, as far as I
remember you live a one hour train ride from Brussels so if there is a
cheaper place close to you this might work somehow.  I would be happy if
you would become involved since we could strengthen the medical imaging
branch and may be if we could attract the interest of Gnumed /
Freemedforms developers we couls also attract the practice management
interested people.

On the other hand there was some idea to do the sprint in St. Petersburg
and as always who raises the hand first to volunteer for organising the
sprint will win.

See you

     Andreas.