Re: CI for kraken

Hi Nadiya,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 08:09:19PM -0700, Nadiya Sitdykova wrote:
> Unfortunately your explanation wasn't sufficient for me.
> Do you mean that I should clone both jellyfish and jellyfish1, than copy
> jellyfish git file to the jellyfish1 directory?
> And than how can I checkout the latest release of version 1 and make this
> new master?

I'm not a Git expert but I did the following - may be there is a more
efficient way to do things.

  cp -a jellyfish jellyfish1
  cd jellyfish1
  git reset --hard debian/1.1.5-1
  sed -i 's/jellyfish/jellyfish1/g' debian/control
  vi debian/control # doing some manual fixes in debian/control
  cme fix dpkg-control
  dch -i
-->
jellyfish1 (1.1.5-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

  * Create separate jellyfish1 package since there exist packages that
    explicitly require jellyfish version 1

 -- Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>  Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:16:24 +0200

  git commit -a -m"create jellyfish1 package"
  git checkout upstream
  git reset --hard upstream/1.1.5
  git checkout pristine-tar
  git reset --hard 8b4a53ecb71b5739d050fbb926c5298840318093
  # this goes down to the import of 1.1.11 which is the latest version of the 1.x series
  vi .git/config
  # this is a hack since I have no idea about all those Git settings.  I simply left
  # the [core] section and used my inject-into-alioth-git script which creates a new
  # repository on aliot ( https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/helper-scripts/inject-into-alioth-git?view=markup )
  inject-into-alioth-git
  # forgot to remove branches
  git branch -D debian/jessie-backports
  git push origin :debian/jessie-backports
  git branch -D libjsoncpp
  git push origin :libjsoncpp
  # fix pristine-tar branch
  git checkout pristine-tar
  for i in jellyfish_* ; do git mv $i `echo $i | sed "s/^jellyfish/&1/"` ; done
  git commit -a -m"Rename pristine-tar information files"
  git checkout master
  # after realising that upstream branch seems not to fit 1.1.11
  # reimport this tarball, deleting upstream/1.1.11 tag first
  git tag -d upstream/1.1.11
  git push origin :refs/tags/upstream/1.1.11
  uscan --verbose --force-download
  gbp import-orig --pristine-tar ../jellyfish1_1.1.11.orig.tar.gz

This leads IMHO to some workable Git repository of 1.x series of
jellyfish.  I also added a commit to fetch only 1.x series in watch
file.  Now the task is to redo some packaging changes like separating
libjellyfish-1.x - but only in case this would be really needed for
kraken.  There is no point in over-engineering.  Our fokus should be
to get kraken reliably working and not copying jellyfish 2.x layout
since this is most probably not used and just draining time.

I tested as far that gbp-build now starts building but there is some
issue in the build time tests.  To clean up the repository it might be
sensible to remove all tags refering to 2.x series.

Do you think you can continue from here and check, whether kraken
works with the resulting package?  If something remains unclear feel
free to keep on asking as usual.