Re: SOFA Debian package

Dear Hugo,

On 29/03/17 16:05, Andreas Tille wrote:
Dear Hugo,

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 02:54:45PM +0200, Hugo Talbot wrote:
Guillaume Paran (in cc.) and I are in charge of the SOFA consortium . This consortium focus on the coordination of the developments, the animation of the open-source community and the release of SOFA. Now regular stable releases are generated by the consortium every 6 months.
I can only approve and send my thanks and encouragement for this regular release cycle!
If not, would you be interested to reactivate this package ? We would be very happy to help on this. With the regular release of SOFA sources and binaries, we believe the maintenance and update of the package could be eased.
We would be really happy if somebody from upstream developers could step
in since this would most probably be the best way to provide high
quality packages.
+1
It would be great and a big plus for all the debian users that are looking for an easy to install biomechanical simulation software! Moreover it will encourage other (including me) to update the interoperability with Sofa more often (and add some more depends!)... Going through the debian QA packaging process, it can also only be good for SOFA itself.

I will be happy to help if I can (don't expect much though, I am not very experienced...)

Kind regards,
Emmanuel