Re: ezDicom

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 07:48:37AM +0100, Mark 1234 wrote:

> There's a piece of abandon-ware called ezDicom that is a fantastic
> lightweight Dicom viewer:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezdicom/
>
> The source code is provided in the link. The authors are not reachable
> (I tried several times).
>
> I wonder if this could be a candidate for your project?

Hello Mark 1234,

thanks for your suggestion.

I have had a quick look at the source code and here are *my*
thoughts why ezdicom may not be an easy candidate for
inclusion into Debian:

- there's currently no upstream maintainer

- there are other dicom viewers available
	(aeskulap, gingkocadx)
	(not that they have upstream maintainers, though :-)

- it would need porting (maybe that's easy) from
  Delphi to FreePascal

- the source doesn't seem to cater to being
  compiled on Linux so may need to be ported/
  adjusted to Linux compatibility, too

- the license contains a no-endorsement clause
  which may need to be checked against DFSG

Notwithstanding, thanks for the pointer !

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346