Re: Request to Join Project Debian Med from Vojtech Kulvait (kulvait-guest)

[Please note that I sent a copy to the list since there is no
 private information in your mail and *all* technical discussion
 should be archived on the list.]

Hi Vojtech,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:01:01AM +0100, Vojtech Kulvait wrote:
> thank you for adding me. I was able to obtain sources running
>
> gbp clone git://git.debian.org/debian-med/dicompyler.git

this is the anonymous checkout.  It is better to use ssh://...
You can easily change this afterwards by editing the file

   .git/config

in the [remote "origin"]  url  property (or more cleanly you know the
proper Git command to do so which I resist to learn due to this
shortcut.

> However gbp buildpackage did not work due to missing public keys.

Most probably you get an error due to missing *private* key.  That's
actually not a "did not work" issue since the packages are created but
not signed.  Just add your own ID (name + e-mal) in debian/control as
Uploader and use the same ID inside the changelog where gbp is seeking
for the ID that should sign the upload ... if not overriden at command
line using  --debsign-k "your ID"  which you could do alternatively.

> I was working on fixing wxPython 3.0 stuff. I noticed that someone did some
> work on this as well since there is ./debian/patches/fix-xrc-errors.patch
> that seems not to be applied on sources.

You neet do call

    quilt push -a

to get all patches applied!

> Anyway I have been able to fix the problems and get the program running
> under https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libwxgtk3.0-0 package, the main
> functionality is fixed.
>
> I don't know what to do next if I want to get it back to Debian.

Please make sure you apply all quilt patches first.  Then you do

    quilt new my_new_patch.patch
    quilt edit file_to_edit
    quilt refresh
    vi debian/patches/my_new_patch.patch